Enhancing a device’s functionalities is probably one of the most common interests shared by users and the most popular way to do it is to simply set the phone free from the restrictions imposed by the manufacturer. If you are wondering how you can do the modification, take a look at the steps below to find out.
How To Unlock iPhone 5, Step By Step:
1. Before you start making any changes to your device, you need to first ensure that you have already created a backup of your files.
2. The first thing that you need to do is to download the needed tools. You can do that here: Unlock Software
3. Now start up the software and follow it’s instructions. Once completed, simply go to your Springboard and find Cydia. Press on its icon to launch its installer.
Once you are in the Cydia main menu, take a look at the bottom part of the screen, find the manage tab and then click on it.
4. In the manage menu, you will see three options namely the Packages, Sources and Storage. Tap on the Sources option to select it.
5. If you don’t see any repo of the software in the selection, go to the Edit button located at the upper right part of the screen and then click on it. If you see the repo, just proceed directly to step 10.
6. After tapping the edit button, locate and click on the Add button at the upper left side of the screen.
7. If you are prompted to enter Cydia/APT URL, just type in the url the software gave you and then select the “Add Source” button.
8. Once the process is completed or the url has been added, tap on the button that says “Return to Cydia” that is located at the bottom part of the screen.
9. You may then click on the “Done” button at the upper right part of the screen once you are back at the Sources page.
10. In the sources page, select the repo666 item among the list of sources.
11. Choose the software and tap n the Install button located at the upper right part of the screen. You may then verify your action by tapping on the confirm button.
12. Once the installation process is completed, you then then tap on the button that says “Restart Springboard”. This will then modify your device and allow you to use any SIM of your choice.
Again, to get the needed software, visit: Unlock Software
The modification can be an easy process and you just have to ensure that you are following the right method and that you perform it correctly.